H.I.G. Realty Provides a €59 million Mezzanine Financing Backed by a German Industrial Portfolio
LONDON – April 6, 2022 – H.I.G. Capital, LLC (“H.I.G.”), a leading global alternative investment firm with $48 billion of equity capital under management, announced today that an affiliate has provided mezzanine financing to a German based business storage platform backed by 55 properties totalling over 225,000 sqm.
Riccardo Dallolio, Managing Director and Head of H.I.G. Europe Realty in London, commented: “Following our investment in Titan Storage Solutions, a self-storage platform in the U.K., we have identified the company as a key player in the business storage segment with a compelling business plan. Our flexible approach to invest across the capital structure, and our sector specific knowledge, has allowed us to become a partner of choice for high quality real estate operating platforms”.
Chris Zlatarev, Principal at H.I.G. Europe Realty, added: “We are delighted to partner with the company, which is a leading business storage platform with operations in key markets such as Germany, France, the Nordics and the U.K. We have structured a tailor-made financing to support the company’s growth serving the needs of the SME sector”.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with $48 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Bogotá, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.