H.I.G. Realty Partners Originates $80.5 Million Loan Secured by a 1MM SF Industrial Complex
NEW YORK – January 18, 2022 – H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global alternative investment firm with over $47 billion of equity capital under management, is pleased to announce that its affiliate, H.I.G. Realty Partners, has originated a loan to finance 224 Logistics Park (the “Property”), a 1MM SF industrial warehouse complex located in Milwaukie, OR, which is 9 miles southeast of downtown Portland.
The loan was made to a joint venture between Specht Development, Inc. and a global institutional investment firm (the “Sponsor”). The Property is considered best-in-class with proximity to major freeways, Portland International Airport, and the Port of Portland.
“We are excited to finance one of the premier properties in the supply-constrained Portland industrial market,” said Michael Mestel, Managing Director at H.I.G. Realty Partners. He added, “The Sponsor has already created tremendous value in a short period of time, and we are looking forward to being a part of its continued success.”
About H.I.G. Realty Partners
H.I.G. Realty Partners is the real estate platform of H.I.G. Capital, a leading global alternative assets investment firm with over $47 billion of equity capital under management. H.I.G. Realty Partners manages $8.2 billion of assets and focuses on small-to-mid cap real estate, targeting both equity and debt investments across all property types located throughout the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Debt investments include senior bridge loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity collateralized by transitional properties and portfolios. Equity investments are concentrated on the acquisition of value-add assets, employing a hands-on, operationally focused approach that seeks to generate substantial cash flow and asset appreciation through rehabilitating, redeveloping, repositioning and rebranding assets that have been capital starved and/or poorly managed. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website www.higcapital.com.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with over $47 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.