H.I.G. Capital Expands Its Capital Formation Middle East Team with the Addition of Oliver Slade
NEW YORK – May 26, 2022 – H.I.G. Capital, LLC (“H.I.G.”), a leading global alternative investment firm with over $49 billion of capital under management, is pleased to announce that Oliver Slade has joined the firm’s Capital Formation Group, as a Managing Director, based in Dubai.
Oliver will be responsible for capital raising and investor relations activities in the Middle East. He has been based in the region since 2008 and has over 17 years of experience in alternative assets. Oliver joins H.I.G. from Partners Group, where he was the Head of Middle East and Africa, responsible for the development and capital raising activities across private markets funds and solutions in the region. Prior to Partners Group, Oliver held a similar role at GAM investments.
Jordan Peer Griffin, Executive Managing Director and Global Head of Capital Formation, commented: “We are delighted to welcome Oliver to H.I.G. Given his experiences in the region, Oliver is a key addition to establish a local presence in the Middle East, where H.I.G. has a deep and long-tenured group of investors. Oliver will be integral to further expanding our investor base at a time when the firm’s investment activities are at an all-time high across our global platform in private equity, credit, and real assets strategies.”
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with over $49 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.