H.I.G. Capital Announces Expansion of Senior Leadership Team
MIAMI – December 4, 2019 – H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global alternative investment firm with $35 billion of equity capital under management, announced today a number of organizational changes designed to position the firm for continued growth and better manage the increasing scale and scope of its business.
The senior leadership team has been expanded with the promotion of Rick Rosen and Brian Schwartz to the newly created title of co-Presidents. Rosen and Schwartz, who have been at the firm since 1998 and 1994, and currently manage the H.I.G. U.S. Middle Market fund and the H.I.G. Advantage fund, respectively, will work closely with Sami Mnaymneh and Tony Tamer, founders and co-CEOs of H.I.G., who will continue leading the firm in their current roles, to drive the firm’s continued growth and key strategic initiatives worldwide.
Additionally, the firm’s senior leadership has been expanded as follows:
- Doug Berman, Executive Managing Director, has been promoted to the position of Head of U.S. private equity. He has been at H.I.G. since 1995 and is the head of the H.I.G. U.S. LBO fund.
- John Bolduc, Executive Managing Director, will continue overseeing H.I.G.’s credit funds. John has been with the firm since 1994.
- Wolfgang Biedermann has been promoted to Executive Managing Director and Head of Europe buyouts. Wolfgang has been with H.I.G. since 2007 and is the head of the H.I.G. Europe LBO fund.
In announcing the changes, Mnaymneh and Tamer commented: “This is an exciting and energizing development for H.I.G., and a logical step for us in the long term leadership planning for the firm. We have never been more excited about the firm’s prospects than we are today. We have built a unique global platform with a very differentiated and scalable position, and we look forward to working with Rick, Brian, Doug, John and Wolfgang to further grow the firm and its capabilities. They all have been very significant contributors to the success of the firm and have assumed increasing levels of responsibility over time. We are all laser focused on preserving the entrepreneurial culture of H.I.G. and continuing to deliver compelling returns to our investors.”
H.I.G., which was founded in 1993, currently has more than 720 employees across 16 offices worldwide. It has invested in more than 300 portfolio companies with revenues in excess of $40 billion. It manages funds across a number of different strategies in private equity, growth capital, credit, real estate and infrastructure.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global private equity and alternative assets investment firm with $35 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.